This noodle soup is flavorful and filling. You will thank me later.
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger root
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- 1 cup of peeled, diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup of diagonally sliced celery
- 2 cups of snow peas
- 12 ounces of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces of rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, pour in some oil, then add in garlic, onion, crushed red pepper, and ginger and cook for about two minutes.
- Next, add in the carrots, broth, and celery and heat until it boils. Decrease the heat, cover, and let it simmer for about five minutes.
- Pour in the shrimp and snow peas, cover the saucepan and cook for three minutes. Next, break the noodles and add it into the soup, cover and heat for an additional three minutes until the shrimp becomes pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Next, add in the pepper and soy sauce, stir and serve.
Fat: 2.3 g
Protein: 11.2 g protein