HEALTHY BEAN BURGERS
Delicious bean burgers. Ready in just twenty minutes.
Prep time: ten minutes
Cook time: ten minutes
Total time: twenty minutes
- 2 – 14oz cans of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 100g of breadcrumb
- 2 teaspoons of mild chili powder
- A small bunch of coriander, stalks and leaves chopped off
- 1 large egg
- 200g tub of fresh salsa
- 150ml of low-fat natural yogurt
- ½ lime, juiced
- 6 burger buns, whole meal
- Some sliced avocado
- Some sliced red onion and salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat the grill. Then pour the beans into a bowl and crush roughly using a potato masher. Then add in chili powder, bread crumbs, coriander stalks and half of the leaves, two tablespoons of salsa and then some egg. Combine properly using a spatula.
- Separate the mixture into 6 portions and then press them into burgers. Transfer the burgers onto a baking tray and grill for five minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Mix the rest of the coriander leaves with lime juice, yoghurt, and black pepper. Divide the byns in half and spread the yogurt on the bases. Then top each bun with the avocado, leaves, a burger, onion, a scoop of salsa and lime yoghurt.