FLAVORFUL HUEVOS RANCHEROS
Filling and flavorful dish. You will love it.
Prep time: ten minutes
Cook time: fifteen minutes
Total time: twenty-five minutes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 400g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 4 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 tomato, diced
- A handful of pickled jalapeño peppers, roughly chopped
- 30g of grated cheddar
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, part juiced and part cut into wedges, to serve
- Some chopped coriander, to serve
- Pour in one tablespoon of oil into a large pan and place over medium heat. Then add in a pinch of salt and the onions and cook until translucent, for about four minutes.
- Next, add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute or more. Then add in the cumin, beans. Chili powder, some seasoning, oregano, and one hundred ml of water.
- Cook for about seven minutes, while stirring frequently, or until the beans are cooked. The remove from the heat source, mash it and set aside.
- Pour the rest of the oil into a frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Break in the eggs, then lower the head and cook until the egg whites become firm.
- Place the beans on the tortillas, then add in the jalapenos and tomatoes, and then scatter the cheese on it. Add some lime juice, avocado, and a fried egg and then some coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy.